Webinar: Start a creative business!
Free Webinar – Business Connect (120minutes duration)
START A CREATIVE BUSINESS
Curious about turning your creative practice into a fully-fledged small business? This fun and friendly workshop will cover all the essentials you’ll need to get the basics right and avoid some of the most common pitfalls for creatives as they enter the world of self-employment and freelancing.
You will learn all the following, with a focus on the arts and creative industries :
– Making a plan for your start-up journey
– Understanding ABNs, structures, business names and licences
– Getting ready for the money
– Preparing for the market
– Where to go for more (free) help.
At the completion of the session you will have:
– Lifetime access to a Dropbox folder jam=packed with resources
– A Creative Business Start-Up Checklist
– A One Page Creative Business and Marketing Plan
– The option of more one-to-one advice from a creative business specialist.
All questions are welcome in this relaxed, safe and inclusive webinar. Participants are also encouraged to share their own experiences and network with their fellow practitioners.
Who is presenting?
Monica Davidson is an award-winning expert on the creative industries, who began her professional life as a freelance journalist and filmmaker. In 2014 Monica completed her Masters degree in Screen Arts and Business at AFTRS, and was appointed as the first NSW Creative Industries Business Advisor by the Department of Industry. Shortly after she founded the social enterprise Creative Plus Business, which is dedicated to educating creative people about small business and marketing skills. In 2019, Monica was awarded the QUT Creative Enterprise Australia award for being a Creative Trailblazer that “advocates, mentors, donates, educates and advises within Australia’s creative economy”. Monica continues to work as a writer, filmmaker and occasional performer.