Drought Support Activities
Namoi Unlimited is coordinating some new drought support activities next week, and I need your assistance to get this message out to the communities in Walcha Council, Tamworth Regional Council, Liverpool Plains Shire Council, Gunnedah Shire Council and Gwydir Shire Council.
There are five locations identified for these events next week:
- 11 November – Nundle Bowling Club
- 12 November – Walcha Memorial Club
- 13 November – Gunnedah Services Club
- 14 November – Roxy Theatre Bingara
- 15 November – Quirindi RSL Club
There will be three elements to these events:
- From 10am to 2pm drought support assistance and people will be available at these locations to talk about and assist people with the support that is being provided to help people through this drought.
- From 10am to 2pm Councils, LabourCo and the RMS will be on hand to talk about the opportunity for casual work in your community.
- From 9am and throughout the day we are preparing to hold important courses in these towns which will also assist in finding casual work, or can be for current workers to upskill. Because the training is subsidised, and if you meet the short eligibility criteria then there will be no charges for the training.
The training on offer in these locations is: First Aid, White Card (needed if you want to work in construction) and a new course called #WTF – What’s the Future about how to look at your business, some support mechanisms and individual assistance like resume writing.
Advertising is occurring, however if we are to run all of these courses, people need to complete the registrations in each location with the training providers. You can do this on our website www.namoiunlimited.nsw.gov.au/projects/skills-training/ or email me at email@example.com and I will direct you to the training provider.
This is an excellent opportunity for people across the Namoi region and with the support of the Councils and other agencies we hope will be able to provide assistance to people dealing with this current drought.